Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Lord, teach me to toil and not seek for rest

Whenever someone asks me why I chose to get into teaching, my constant reply is that I did not choose teaching, it chose me. True enough, I never really wanted to become a teacher. Truth be told, I thought teaching was not a sophisticated profession, albeit boring. I wanted to get to the more glamorous industry of broadcasting. However, things didn't turn out how I wanted them to. One day, I saw myself taking the MRT to Shaw Boulevard for my first reporting day as a test review instructor. That stint proved that teaching is never boring after all. Every day, you deal with different problems in different scenarios, and no solution nor approach can ever be the same. Like that of a broadcaster, you touch people's lives by sharing knowledge and helping them get through the tough process of achieving their dreams on a more personal level.

If I would be asked today if I ever regretted being a teacher, my answer would be NO. I was called to this profession. There was no other choice for me but to follow. With that, I believe I am exactly where I'm supposed to be - not there, but here as a teacher.

No comments: